Share # 3 - Late August
It's been a good week here at the farm; we seeded and transplanted the last of our fall crops this week for the storage share, and were lucky enough to get a nice rain to set the spinach, arugula, broccoli, kohlrabi and cover crops up for a fast start. We also were able to get out and pull all of the last weeds that were threatening to drop their seeds in the fields, plaguing us to years of weed issues down the road. But most importantly, Frank, our new farm mascot, is another week older and another pound heavier and is doing great. What more could a farmily ask for?
In this week's share (subject to change based on availability):
- 2-3 Eggplant
- Tomatoes (4 slicers & 2 heirlooms)
- 2-3 Cucumbers
- Bag of beets
- 1 or 2 sweet Italian frying peppers
- 1 bunch of Carrots
- 1 bunch of Brussel Tops (use like Kale, Collards or any other cooking green)
- 2 lbs Potatoes
- Three Onions
- One head of Garlic
- There may be a couple of bonus items depending on how things look today when we harvest...
How Sweet it is Corn and Pepper Salad - This fresh summery salad will stave off those cold nights telling you fall is right around the corner
Texas Potato Salad - Guaranteed to convert your non-'tater salad loving spouse...
Rose's Pasta - Possibly the easiest dish we'll send. Makes use of lots of tomatoes and tastes amazing.
We'll have more bulk items available for anyone keen to put some summer in jars for January. Send me an e mail with the quantities you'd like. Here's what we've got:
- Paste tomatoes: $2 / lb, $17 / 10 lb
- Slicer tomatoes: $2.5 / lb, $21 / 10 lb
- Heirloom tomatoes: $3 / lb, $25 / 10 lb
- Cucumbers: $2 / lb, $17 / 10 lb
- Beets: $1.75 / lb, $15 / 10 lb
- Onions: $1.50 / lb
- Garlic: $5 / lb
Thanks for being a part of our farm! Please feel free to send feedback anytime; we love to hear from you. Take good care.
Frank, Amy, Eric, Leah and Wayde